If you have a question for the Preppy Girl email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear Preppy Girl,
First off, I love your blog! It’s my last year of college and I’m in love with the preppy style. I was wondering what are some preppy college essentials. I want to buy some clothes before school starts, but I can only afford so much. So, I was thinking maybe some articles of clothing that I could mix and match? (tops, bottoms, shoes, etc.)
Thanks so much,
College Prep Chic :]
Dear College Prep Chic,
Thanks for reading my blog! That is such a great question. My sister and I are at the beach and have spent the past 2 days discussing your question. We came up with a long “wish list” of items that will take you from fall to winter. I hope it helps!
- Camel – It’s really big this year, look for a cute camel colored skirt and a camel colored coat, they go with everything and will be great for college and beyond.
- The Great Outdoors – Designers are really into the outdoorsy look this year. Think warm winter woolens: chunky sweaters, shawls, & tie front cardigans, socks, scarves, hats & mittens. Mittens are so cute and are supposed to be really big this winter. Chunky heeled boots with wool socks & leg warmers. Look for classic colors, tweeds, and hand-knits.
- Sweater dress – Looks great with tights & boots
- Vintage Jewelry – Check out second hand stores for great jewelry & handbag finds
- Layer it – Layer tanks & tees with cardigans
- Wide leg trouser jeans (dark)
Preppy Must Haves:
- Skinny Jeans, Khakis, & Corduroys
- Cardigans – Shrunken cardigans are great and can take you from class to going out with your friends. You can easily change their look by adding jewelry and accessories.
- Shrunken Blazers – So cute!
- Ballet Flats & Kitten Heels
- Button down shirt – Looks great with rolled up sleeves
- Nautical Stripes (for early fall)
- and finally…a Monogramed L.L. Bean Tote (more inexpensive than Longchamp, the preppy ideal)
Have fun shopping!