If you have a question for the Preppy Girl email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear Preppy Girl,
Firstly, let me say I LOVE YOUR BLOG. It is so comprehensive in everything preppy! My question is: whenever I wear polos I feel like a boy; are there any preppy alternatives to consider?
That is a tough question! I know what you mean about polos. I have never been a big fan of them myself. One of my stylish friends suggests dressing up your polos with ultra feminine accessories like a cute pair of espadrilles, dainty jewelry, and a girlie belt. If you shop around you can find some great slim-fit polos or even a halter polo.
Here are a few variations on the classic polo:
- Vineyard Vines Sleeveless Pique Polo
- Vineyard Vines Susie Fit Polo
- Lilly P. Michelle Sleeveless Polo
And here are a couple of stylish alternatives:
- Old Navy Ruffled Polo: A cute variation on the polo. Looks great with a pair of short shorts, capris, or a skirt, and a few preppy accessories.
- Old Navy Embroidered Crinkle-Gauze Top: An fun alternative to the polo, still has sleeves, but a bit more feminine.
- The Limited Striped Bateau Top: This nautical top is a little bit more dressy than a traditional polo. Great for a casual dinner at the club.
Try to stock up on short sleeves now, there are a bunch of fantastic summer sales going on. I hope that helps!