Inspired by Rolling Stone’s recent issue profiling the music of the last decade, I have decided to do my own list: Top Preppy Albums. These albums may not be especially good or even charted well, but they are must-have prep albums from the 00 decade.
- License to Chill: Jimmy Buffet’s first country album featuring songs like “Boats to Build” and “Hey Good Lookin.” You know you secretly downloaded it from i-Tunes
- Risen: O.A.R’s album of breakup music featuring “Untitled” and “Night Shift”
- Vampire Weekend: Played at every preppy party along with the Killers and My Morning Jacket
- The Black Album: Jay-Z, Frat Party Galore!
- Speakerboxxx/The Love Below: Outkast’s double album featuring 2003’s inescapable song “Hey Ya!”
- Stand Up: Dave Matthews Band – the “last” “good” Dave Matthews Band album
- Room for Squares: Preps love John Mayer
- FutureSex/LoveSounds: We love JT!
- Brushfire Fairytales: Jack Johnson’s soundtrack to preppy love, “Bubble Toes”
Thoughts on any albums I left out?